Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's a Small World - A Geographical Interlude

Inspired by Zirbert, and aided by the Dummies Guide to Google Blogger Bata, I've signed up for Google Analytics. It's been very helpful in that now I can see what people arriving at my blog are looking for.

For example, a lot of folks who come have done a search that included some or all of the following words: Montessori, sensorial, do it yourself, make, and materials. Many have also added what material, specifically, for which they are trying to get instructions.

When I discover which pages people are lingering on, I know that writing about the next step in that subject will also be of interest.

But what I really love, is being able to see where you are from, and there's some pretty exotic (to me) places where, if the statistics are correct, I've got loyal readers!

So this brief post is simply a "Hello! I'm glad you're here!" to those from Kandy, Sri Lanka; Batangas, Philippines; Ipoh, Malaysia; and Singapore. You are virtually on the opposite side of the earth, and yet you're reading something I write! It's humbling and exciting at the same time! Have a wonderful day!

These wishes are sent to South-east Asia from the far-north Canada!

2 Comments:

At 8:25 p.m. , Blogger Zirbert said...

I may have developed an addiction to Google Analytics. Each day I go to check out the previous day's stats before even looking for new comments on my actual blog.

You're right, it's an amazingly cool feeling to know that people from competely different cultures can hang out and chat like this!

Oh, and completely off-topic but noted for fun while I'm here: I'm planning a post on bill C-10 (Canadian government funding for the arts - ETA TBD). You probably won't agree with a single sentence of my opinions on it, so it should be entertaining for both of us!

-Zirbert

 
At 8:56 p.m. , Blogger HomeSchooler said...

Yeh, it is kind of addictive. I mean, I know that there are a lot of "Montessori Mums" out there, but that so many have come to my website is really quite remarkable.

Too bad you don't live closer, I could homeschool your fellow along with Ella (if you liked this method... better than public school though!) provided you'd allow me to occasionally cage him up!!! Raising boys really is totally different than raising girls! (That's sarcasm folks... even when I FEEL like caging a child, I don't; and every parent knows that every parent occasionally wants to cage their child!)

Also off-topic, thanks for finally posting the continuation of your "education" story. I've been on tenterhooks, checking your website madly in hopes that you'd posted it. That might have messed up your Google Analytics data though... Oops! Can't wait for the next installment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home