Monday, June 30, 2008

Field Trips Part V - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

I'm impressed! Everyone who guessed did so correctly! So...

First Prize goes to...
SHANNON! Who sent in her guess remarkably early: 6:10am. (What time zone are you in???!!! Or are you one of those "morning people?")

Congratulations, Shannon. You have just won a postcard of the first edition cover of Anne of Green Gables which will be posted to you using the new Canada Post Anne of Green Gables 100th Anniversary Stamps!






Second Prize goes to...
REBELANGEL, who admits to using the internet to find out for sure if she was right!

Congratulations, RebelAngel. You have won a postcard of the first edition cover of Emily Climbs, another wonderful book by L. M. Montgomery. It will also have the new Canada Post Anne of Green Gables 100th Anniversary Stamps!



Third Prize goes to...

GINA, who answered in classic Jeopardy style!

Congratulations, Gina. You're postcard will be of the first edition cover of Emily's Quest. Can you tell I also loved the Emily books? And yours will also have the Anne stamps.





And finally...

Congratulations Janis! My mail-loving maniac of a best friend. Of course you can get another postcard, and I'm glad you liked The Blue Castle postcard I sent from the Island. Just don't hold your breath; I've got three other postcards to send first! :-P


And, may I advise everyone that they get out to their local library and find a copy of The Blue Castle this summer. It's a beautiful story, my favourite Montgomery novel, and is the only story that she intentionally wrote for adults. If you want a hint of summer romance, I highly recommend it!


[To claim your prize, please make a comment on this post which includes your name and mailing address. Rest assured, I will reject any comment that has personal information, so if you have something else you want to share (with more people than just me), please post that in a separate comment, which I will accept. Congrats to you all!]

1 Comments:

At 6:51 a.m. , Blogger RebelAngel said...

We received our postcard. Thank you ever so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home