Thursday, July 03, 2008

Death becomes Him

Just a few moments ago, my husband was sitting on the couch with Ella, reading. She crawled up on him, evidently putting pressure on his knee (his leg was straight out and resting on the rocking horse). He grunted and gave a jump.

"What wrong?" asked Ella.

"You've got to be careful when climbing around on Daddy," he told her, "I'm getting old and you might hurt me!"

She looked at him for a moment and said, "You're getting old?"

My husband nodded.

"Well, Dada, when are you going to die?"

I laughed myself silly; he looked horrified; and Ella just waited patiently for an answer!

3 Comments:

At 11:32 a.m. , Blogger Cerulean said...

out of the mouth of babes! LOL

 
At 1:51 p.m. , Blogger My Boys' Teacher said...

Hey!

Where did your blog go? Did it change sites and I missed it?

 
At 4:48 p.m. , Blogger HomeSchooler said...

No, we haven't moved... we just had summer vacation which kept us all very busy (and away from the computer) and we're just now getting back into the swing of things! Such is life... But I've got 3 or 4 blog topics in mind, so I'll be making up for it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home